Supervisor Janice Hahn to Speak to South Bay Women at Pledge to Vote Rally this Saturday
Torrance, CA — This upcoming Saturday, Los Angeles County Supervisor Janice Hahn will join leaders from across the South Bay at a Pledge to Vote Rally at Columbia Park in Torrance. The rally is organized by the National Women’s Political Caucus South Bay and the Women’s March LA Foundation.
“It will never be a government of the people, by the people, or for the people if 6 out of 10 Americans don’t vote in midterm elections,” said Supervisor Hahn. “This upcoming election matters and your vote matters. Join us in the South Bay this Saturday, hear from your elected leaders, and pledge to vote this November.”
“This is a multi-partisan rally,” said Carmen Schaye of the National Women’s Political Caucus South Bay who organized the event. “This is about encouraging civic engagement and empowering citizen participation.”
The speaker lineup for Saturday’s rally also includes:
- Congresswoman Nanette Barragan, CD 44
- Congressman Ted Lieu, CD 33
- Assemblyman Al Muratsuchi, AD 66
- Mayor Amy Howorth, Manhattan Beach
- Councilmember Emma Sharif, City of Compton
- Mayor Susan Brooks, Rancho Palos Verdes
- Mayor Pat Furey, Torrance
- Honorable Jan Perry, Los Angeles City Council (Ret.)
- Dinah Stephens of Planned Parenthood of Greater Los Angeles
- Lisa Bloom, NBC Legal Analyst and noted Civil Rights Attorney
- Kamala Lopez, Filmmaker/Director (Equal Means Equal), E R A
- Nonny de La Pena – Virtual Reality Visionary, Producer
- Dr. Helen Williams, Dean Pepperdine University
- Jane Templin, Net Zero Plus Electrical Training
- Dean Logan, Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder
The Rally will take place from 10am to 2pm at Columbia Park in Torrance. The LA County’s Registrar-Recorder’s office will have a team ready to register attendees to vote.
For more information visit their Facebook event page at:https://www.facebook.com/events/505779096522771/
Media interested in attending can RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org .