We're happy to support organizations within the Fourth District that are providing excellent services to our residents.
Each request for a funding grant must meet a social need of the residents of our County. Examples of social needs include arts, health, law enforcement, public safety, rehabilitation, welfare, education, legal services, and disability services.
- Ideally, the agency seeking funding is physically located within the Fourth District. All funding requests must serve the Fourth District residents.
- Grants should support direct services or community events. For example, a grant could provide hygiene kits to the homeless, educational tutoring for students or a concert series in the park.
- Grants cannot be used for political campaigns, religious or purely private purposes or activities.
- If the agency has received any of these grants in the past, the agency must be current on final reports. We will not approve a new request until all final reports are reconciled.
- The agency agrees to follow the terms of the contract, which includes using the grant money for the designated purpose and agrees to submit a final report by the end of the contract period.
- Funding in a particular calendar year does not guarantee funding in future years.
- Click HERE to review Board Policy. 4.090 (Social Programs)
Please submit all applications for funding using the online application. Supportive documentation will be uploaded at the time of the application. Please have the following ready at the time of application:
- A formal letter, addressed to Supervisor Hahn, outlining the request for funding. The letter must include the requested amount, description of how funds will be used, the number of people it will serve, and a description of the agency’s community engagement.
- For requests larger than $2,500, please submit a line item budget for funding request.
- Agency mission statement.
Apply Today! We look forward to partnering with you to serve our Fourth District communities.
Discretionary applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Contact: For questions, please contact Carlos Arreola Lopez, our Assistant Operations Deputy, at (213) 974-4444 or email him at [email protected]