Supervisors Approve $10K Reward for Diamond Bar Hit-and-Run

Supervisors Approve $10K Reward for Diamond Bar Hit-and-Run

Diamond Bar, CA — Today, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors approved a $10,000 reward for information leading to the apprehension and conviction of those responsible for the death of 72-year-old Bruce Bodel, who was killed in a hit-and-run accident on the Fourth of July in Diamond Bar.

“This crime has devastated the Bodel family and the Diamond Bar community,” said Supervisor Janice Hahn. “Someone out there has information about who did this and what happened, and I urge them to come forward. The Bodel family deserves answers and Bruce Bodel deserves justice.”

Mr. Bodel, a Diamond Bar resident, was taking a stroll on the evening of July 4, 2021 and crossing the street on Penarth Ave at the intersection with Lycoming Street when a sliver or gray sedan traveling west on Lycoming Street, struck Mr. Bodel in the intersection. The vehicle continued west on Lycoming Street to southbound Lemon Avenue, and out of view. The driver never stopped to render aid to Mr. Bodel who passed away from his injuries on July 8, 2021.

“On behalf of the Diamond Bar community, I would like to thank Supervisor Hahn and the Board of Supervisors for recognizing the importance of solving this tragic crime,” said Diamond Bar Mayor Nancy Lyons. “We hope the increase in the reward will raise awareness and assist in bringing the individuals responsible to justice.”

This latest reward offered by the LA County Board of Supervisors is in addition to the $10,000 reward offer announced earlier this month by the City of Diamond Bar.

Anyone with information about the suspect or the suspect’s car should call (909) 859-2817. Anonymous tipsters can call L.A. Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477 or use the website lacrimestoppers.org

Showing 1 reaction

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.

  • Liz Odendahl
    published this page in Press Releases 2021-08-31 13:06:22 -0700