“One Seat Ride into Union Station” – Selection of Alternative E
Metro Board Meeting: Suggested Public Comment Script
Thursday, May 24th, 2018 at 9a.m.
- I want to urge the Metro Board to deliver on their promise of a “One Seat Ride to Union Station” and choose Alternative E for further study for the West Santa Ana Light Rail Project.
- When Measure M was introduced, we were told that our cities would get a direct line to Union Station and at community meeting after community meeting, residents have supported this effort. Alternative E is our clear choice and we urge you to follow through with this promise.
- This project was approved under Measure M as a LIGHT RAIL. Any last minute efforts to change this would jeopardize Metro’s ability to deliver this project on time and on budget.
- Because this is the only Metro Line project my community will see in the next decade, I appreciate Metro’s commitment to accelerating the process of bringing this much needed system into the region.
- For the many hundreds of thousands of people along this corridor, this line will be our connection to more jobs, more schools, and more hospitals. We need Metro to build this on time and on budget.
- Thank you for your time and I urge you to support Alternative E.
- No transfers. No excuses.