Celebrate Public Health Week
LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) invites the community to participate in a series of events which will provide free health screenings, share resources and offer health information during National Public Health Week.
“As we celebrate Public Health Week in LA County and across the nation, I encourage everyone to join us at our community health fairs for free health assessments and resources,” said Barbara Ferrer, PhD, MPH, MEd, Director of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. “The future of health is about empowering all communities with the knowledge, resources and choices to make lasting change. These events are designed to offer residents opportunities to take actions that will have a positive impact on individuals as well as their families and communities.”
2017 Public Health Week Community Health Fairs
Theme: Our Health, Our Community, Our Future
Thursday, April 6, 2017
· Zev Yaroslavsky Family Support Center, 7555 Van Nuys Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91405, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
· Monrovia Public Library, 321 S. Myrtle Ave., Monrovia, CA 91016, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Saturday, April 8, 2017
· Ted Watkins Memorial Park, 1335 E. 103rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90002, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
· Paramount Community Center, 14400 Paramount Blvd., Paramount, CA 90723, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
· East Los Angeles Library, 4837 E. 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90022, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Events will offer free health assessments, including blood pressure, cholesterol and HIV screening. Over 40 agencies will provide information, free giveaways, and an array of entertainment and tips on staying healthy. Health screenings and services may vary by location.
For more information on Public Health Week events, visit http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phweek.