Bike Share is Coming to the LA Waterfront!
San Pedro, CA– Today, the LA Metro Board of Directors approved Phase II of its Bike Share Program. The Phase II expansion includes new bike share stations for Venice, Pasadena, and the LA Waterfront in San Pedro and Wilmington.
This means that there will be 11 stations in the Waterfront area by this summer!
“Bike Share is coming to our waterfront! By this summer, San Pedro and Wilmington residents and tourists will be able to hop on Metro bikes for a fun and easy way to enjoy the sunshine and explore everything our waterfront has to offer,” said Supervisor Hahn who is a member of the Metro Board of Directors.
The 11 identified as potential station sites in San Pedro and Wilmington so far are the following:
– Fanfare Fountain Cruise Terminal: Swinford & N Front Street
– USS Iowa
– Crafted & E 22nd Street
– Doubletree Hotel: Via Cabrillo
– Marina & Doubletree driveway
– Wilmington Waterfront Park (West): Harry Bridges Blvd/John S. Gibson Blvd
– Banning Landing: S Avalon Blvd. & Water Street
– Catalina Express site
– Downtown Harbor: 6th Street and Sampson
– Ports O’Call & Nagoya Way
– Cabrillo Beach
– Wilmington Waterfront Park (East)
Soon local residents and visitors will be able to walk up to any bike share station, use their tap cards, and check out bicycles to explore the Los Angeles Waterfront.